Setting up a personal temple

Setting up a personal temple

by Vex (M) -
Number of replies: 5

Hello all!

I am in the process of planning to make  my personal temple at home and I was wondering if anyone had any advice of where I could find sound information and guidlines (e.g. books or other trusted sources) on how to go about this?

In light

Vex

In reply to Vex (M)

Re: Setting up a personal temple

by [Deleted User] -

Hello Vex,

I would suggest, that you make yourself familiar with the Meditation of the Inner Temple, as this is the method taught to students of our mystery school. If you are taking the free online qabbalah course, you will work with the Inner Temple more intensly after you successfully complete the first course month. If you opt for a membership, you will even have the chance to get a personal mentor who assists you with your personal progress (correspondence course).

As you ask for trusted sources: The course book "An Introduction fo Magic and Meditation" by Salomo Baal-Shem is a valuable resource, although it is not a necessity for the course or the meditation. You will find every essential resscource online on this website, or on the qabbalah.de website. If you are not explicitly looking for external sources, I would rather refrain from recommending them at this stage. That is because I believe it is best that you use the same framework as everyone here, which is the Meditation of the Inner Temple - that way we have a common ground for our experiences and discussions. Plus, I do honestly believe in its quality.

Hope I could be of some help. Don't hesitate to ask. 

Yours lightfully,

Benedikt

In reply to [Deleted User]

by Vex (M) -

Hello Benedikt

Thank you very much for your quick response to my question!

The information you gave me is very useful.  I have recently ordered the book and am awaiting delivery here in Brazil with much anticipation!

I feel that I want to closely follow the BOEL, this is the path I have chosen for my studies, so I agree with your guidance completely.

Many thanks

LVX
Vex

In reply to Vex (M)

by TimeTraveller (SN) (R3)(QM3) -

Hi Vex,

apart from Benedikts useful advices,  giving the great outlines for all newstarters,  I might be able to add another book suggestion  -  as I know you are in the 2. month of the course already  -  and by now familiar with the Inner Temple Meditation   ;-)

Did I understand you correctly that you want to set up a physical temple room in your home ? 
In this case the book of  Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki :  The Ritual Magic Workbook  might be able to give you useful hints  (you should be able to get it online easily),  she was the teacher of Salomo Baal-Shem
Though not everything in it might be practical for one’s own set-up,  the book will be able to make you aware of the things that have to be paid attention to

To be able to really have a separate room for your ritual and meditative work is great,  not everyone is so lucky to have it from the beginning on  ;-)
Actually,  to start with,  up to know I only have a special place with a fixed table in it,  where I will do my meditations and practices ,  but,  of course ,  a room is much better  -  and will be able to assist you greatly in all your endeavours  :)

This is only in addition to the all the precious hints Benedikt gave you already  :)

In light

Nalinie

In reply to TimeTraveller (SN) (R3)(QM3)

by Vex (M) -

HI Nalinie!

Thank you very much for your response and for the additional information you provided, I will look for this book online.

I am very fortunate that I have a spare room at home, and a sympathetic partner which allows me to have a dedicated space for my practice.

Though I am aware that wherever we set up our practice space is sacred and special, I am sure your space is very special.

Love and light

Vex

In reply to TimeTraveller (SN) (R3)(QM3)

by [Deleted User] -

Hi both of you,

It did not even cross my mind for a second, that you might be asking about a phsyical temple room :-D I agree with Nalinie, this can be a great thing. Great response. I personally lack space for such a room, but I'll certainly create one when I get the chance. I am glad that we could be of help!

L.V.X

Benedikt