Kabbalah and Golden Dawn

Kabbalah and Golden Dawn

by Kahuti -
Number of replies: 3

Greetings, 

I have been reading the most excellent work of Mr. Salomo Baal Shem. 

Reading this book, I saw some references to the Golden Dawn Kabbalistic system. 

It has astonished me that a Mekubal even refers Golden Dawn, or related orders and teachings, since their credibility, outside their own "little" world, created by their adepts, is virtually none. 

Hermetic Magicians are not Golden Dawn based students, are Franz Bardon system students, nowadays. 

GD is magical Revivalism. A bag of incomplete and incorrect information presented like a sublime teaching. 

Some authors are sincere and well intentioned, but have not real knowledge about Kabbalah and much less about Kabbalah ma'asit. 

The book I read from Mr. Salomo is outstanding. Based on REAL Kabbalah teachings. 

No wonder the first practices are different from the Golden Dawn classifications. Or Nogah, related to Gevurah, comes in the left part of the body, for instance. 

That is absolutely correct. Golden Dawn shows the diagram of the columns of a man facing us, but has not turned the axis of the columns. 

This is a blunt error. 

Any Rav Makubal that studies real Kabbalah will support the text of Mr Salomo. 

The man is facing the temple, with Jakim at his Right and Boaz at his left side. 

Thus, if the man is facing US, Jakim will be at his right (our left side), and Boaz at his left side (our right side). 

Gevurah will ALWAYS be at the left side (Ohr Nogah). 

Any REAL Mekubal knows this. 

Despite of the pretended influence Golden Dawn has. No one that studies Kabbalah at its original sources will make such a basic mistake. 

The same happens with the Rulers of the Quarters. 

Mr Salomo was kind enough to give an explanation to "forgive" GD error in attributing the quarters to certain Angels. 

Gabriel is Fire, not Michael, for instance. Of course that such powerful presences can work on any Element. But according to the Original Rabinic teachings, the classification is the One Mr Salomo explains. And since these forces were introduced to Mankind by pre Massoretic and Massoretic texts, we should respect the Original teachings. 

The book and work of Mr. Salomo is most excellent and rare. 

Shalom Aleichem

L'hitraot. 

In reply to Kahuti

Re: Kabbalah and Golden Dawn

by Doramage -

It is difficult for me to make an assessment of these negative statements about the Golden Dawn, without having read the book by Meister Salomo Baal Shem; however, having practiced in a Golden Dawn Temple for close to a decade, it is difficult to not want to defend the Order. It seemed to have opened up psychic senses I had been striving for most of my life. but since the person who founded the Order, eventually was the cause of its downfall, it is now easy to see how his egoism of feeling the temples he was responsible for setting up belonged to him, and any money made by the Temple was his, after paying the overhead for running them,.and that led him to cast curses on all those who broke away, sad for his soul. But I will stay neutral until I learn enough of this Order's lessons to make a decision about its veracity. I know from my own negative experiences to realize something was very wrong, and if learning a new perspective corrects this problem, it is well worth the effort to make the corrections. My time here may be limited, but a year spent in studying and practicing the meditations and rituals may be all I need, along with enrolling in the workshops as they become available.

In reply to Doramage

by Andrea Shelor ** R6, QM6 H4 QN4 -
Picture of Head Moderator Picture of Qabbalah Maasit Practitioner Picture of Refuah Practitioner Picture of Refuah Teacher

hello Goramage,

if you are interested in Salomos book, you can find it here:

Qabbalistic Magic by Salomo Baal-Shem

"But I will stay neutral until I learn enough of this Order's lessons to make a decision about its veracity. I know from my own negative experiences to realize something was very wrong, and if learning a new perspective corrects this problem, it is well worth the effort to make the corrections. My time here may be limited, but a year spent in studying and practicing the meditations and rituals may be all I need, along with enrolling in the workshops as they become available."

I agree with you. And in fact, there are few things better than studying the Mysteries! I wish you success and many good insights! Since you're in our free Qabbalah online course, you have access to a wealth of knowledge - enjoy!

(This General Open Foum is not to be confused with our course, which you can find here: https://www.boel-mystery-school.org/courses/course/view.php?id=31

In Light
Andrea

In reply to Doramage

by Doramage -

Thank you, Andrea, for your reply, and for all your help. I feel as though my fumbling around, trying to find the right Forums to look into, and making progress through the YouTube videos, is gradually leading me back through the basics, and I am happy to report I have not seen any significant discrepancies as to what is being taught in the BOEL Free course, and in the main book I used to study the Golden Dawn, so far. As I understood it then, the Tree of Life is a tool for studying the Qabbalah, and spiritually evolving oneself in order to eventually rejoin with the Creator, represented by the Tenth Sephorah of Keter. Does your institute recommend the reading of Israel Regardie's Book of the Golden Dawn? I have also seen the recordings of Dion Fortune's Mystical Qaballah. Do you have any other suggestions for reading, while making my way through what I can do at this time? Although I am very much in pain, and unless that Ascension takes place, and we find ourselves in the New Gaia with more highly evolved bodies, travel to Germany just isn't happening for me, though I hope I will be able to take the Correspondence Course sometime in the future. I also would like to be placed on a Healing List, if that is available.  I've been tracking those solar flares, for they have correlated with particularly nasty migraines, body aches and tinnitus. Thank you.