We offer an intensive training in magic and the Western Mysteries. Please be aware that every teacher who trains a student in magic accepts a special responsibility for this student. This kind of work requires trust to one another. Through our website, you have the possibility to get an idea of who we are as well as what the foundation of our work is. You may have also already started our Free Online Course in the basic Theory and Principles of the Mystical Qabbalah and the Western Mystery Tradition. Should you have any further questions, feel free to ask them in our General Open Forum or if this is impossble write us an email.
Of course, we would also like to get to know you a bit better. As we did not yet have an opportunity to meet you, we kindly ask you to send us some information about yourself.
Therefore, please briefly answer the following candidates' questionnaire. (If you have read for example the 'Ritual Magic Workbook' by Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki which is one of the books on our list of recommended literature; then you have noticed in the introduction, that such a questionnaire is a requirement for serious magical training.) Please do not let yourself put off by this; it is not about how much knowledge you already have, but about how honest your answers are.
All information will be treated strictly confidential. The purpose of this questionnaire is to inspire you to reflect clearly about your intention to enter the Path of Light, for you should not be applying out of a fancy mood, but do this first step upon the path of the mysteries with full awareness and firm conviction.
If you have not yet received an invitation to apply for membership, this questionnaire is only for the purpose of information.
1. First and Last Name
2. Date of Birth, -place and time (if possible)
4. Job/ Profession/ Training
5. marital status
6. photo (if possible)
7. hobbies/ interests
1. Please state your religios upbringing as a child; and what are your current thoughts about religion and spirituality are? Is there an ideology, some ethical rules or a life motto that you try to follow in your daily life and on your spiritual path?
2. How do you think about drugs? Do you consume any legal or illegal drugs? If yes, how often?
3. Have you ever been in psychological treatment or have you ever had any psychological health problems?
4. Do you have any financial interest in spiritual work and do you plan to make your living or earn something extra by spiritual work or by offering spiritual services? Do you already have a fulltime or part-time job which is related to any kind of spiritual or religious service? Or do you have any other similar occupation? Or do you have an income in any other full/ part-time way of being occupied within a spiritual or religious sector? Do you grant any spiritual or regligious services to others free of charge?
Experiences with Occult and Spiritual Matters
1. Briefly describe what the term 'magic' means to you and why you want to learn western magic?
2. Have you ever performed magic rituals, or attended any rituals or have you performed any other type of magic? (If yes, would you please give us a brief overview on the structure, technicques used and the intention of the rituals).
3. Do you have experience in meditation? (if yes, which type of meditation have you practised?)
4. Do you have experience in other spiritual practices or paranormal phenomena? (if yes, please state which ones)
5. Have you ever been a member of an occult school or group or any other occult or spiritual organization or did you attend other activities of a magical group or have you had any other type of magical training? (If yes, which organisation and how was the progress of your training? Which degree did you achieve? Are you still a member of that organization?)
6. Describe your knowledge of the occult and similar topics. Please state a few books that you have read and which you consider important. (Please briefly point out why you consider them important and/or what appeals most to you about these books.)
Your Interest in our Work
1. Why do you wish to join us? What do you expect from admission to the training course of the Brotherhood of the Eternal Light?
2. Assuming that our training appeals to you, would you attend our workhops on a regular basis or would you only be able to attend sporadically?
3. Working with the Mysteries is a give-and-take. The motto of a true student of the mysteries is: "I want to know in order to serve." Can you imagine (in case you find in our training what you are looking for), to spend some of your time, to contribute to the work of the group or would you rather prefer to not to do so? (Your contribution could not only be passing on knowledge once you are more expereinced, but also other things that help us to keep the work of the training group alive such as administrative help with the website; the online forum, organization, translation, decorations for rituals, and so on...)
4. Spiritual work within a group also means to stand by the common rules as each one should be able to trust one another. Are you able and willing to be reliable and stand to agreements?
5. Is the path of magic respectively the Western Mysteries what you see as your own spiritual path, or do you see it as one path amongst many others? (in case the later applies, what is your 'main path' or are you not sure about your spiritual path yet?)
6. When you enter this group, you start as a new student to the mysteries, as someone learning. Are you in general ready to learn something new, even if this means to give up some of your previous thoughts and views and to re-assess them?
7. Do you consider the study of the Mysteries as a purely emotional 'feel-good-thing'; or are you aware that this means also training your character and as well as spiritual development, spiritual-mental training; intellectual study and practical work. All of this can be very straining and requires discipline as well as strong willpower. Would you only start the training if it appears easygoing to you and give up as soon as the first problem appears; or are you ready to continue working on your inner development, especially when this involves overcoming your weaknesses and prejudices as well as overcoming all the emotional resistance and 'lean periods' in your spiritual work?
8. How much time do you think you can and want to invest in your magical training on a regualr basis? (Less than 7 hours per week / ca. 7 hours per week = ca. 1 hour per day / ca. 14 hours per week = ca. 2 hours per day / more than 14 hours per week...) Please make a realistic statement!
1. How did you learn about us? Which link or keyword led you to us?
Please send the completed questionnaire to:
Thank you very much for your answers :-)
(Please keep the numbering when answering the questions. This will help us processing your questionnaire and get back to you faster).
To answer this, we would like to use an analogy:
Before a person starts a journey by plane, there are certain security measures taken; which are seen as absolutely natural and no passenger would ever wonder why these are implemented. As a matter of fact, most passengers welcome the security measures and would not fly with an airline that disregards these; because they ensure that the whole flight will run smooth with no interference and as safe as possible for each and everyone. When somene wants to start a spiritual journey, then certain security measures are also necessary to ensure that the occult training should bring good results.
Whoever searches a serious magical training should become suspicious when NO questions are asked and everyone was being accepted just like this. Only sects accept everyone; a serious mystery school would never do this!!! We work with real powers. We offer a magical training on a higher level, that is why we MUST ask questions. (More information to each question is available further below.)
- The 'General Data' should help the candidate to step out of anonymity. Individual data such as 'Date of Birth' are also important as we cannot admit minors.
- The questions about 'personal attitude' help us to assess which attitude a candidate has when approaching us. Additionally, we wish to know if training in magic would be a good thing for this person. (if someone is addicted to drugs for example; then any form of magical training is strictly not advisable!!) We take our responsibility for each individual very serious and believe it is correct and necessary to ask these questions, even though these are very personal indeed. We are aware that not all spiritual organizations really care, whether their members are able to handle occult powers. Important questions are not being asked out of fear of losing a potential member. Just because others do not care does not mean that we should follow their bad example.
- The questions about 'Experiences with Occult and Spiritual Matters' should help to assess the state of experience of each candidate. (for example: when a person attends a good language course at a serious language school, then they would first be tested on their current level of knowledge to identify if this candidate should be attending a beginners course or an advanced course). These questions are therefore necessary to guarantee optimum training for each candidate.
- The questions about 'Your Interest in our Work' are supposed to help finding out, whether we are able to offer a candidate what they are looking for; for we do not intend to either waste your time nor ours.
All data will be dealt with strictly confidential of course. As Initiates, we are also Priests of the Mysteries and bound to professional discretion, as all priests, medical staff or lawyers do. Your questionnaire will only be read by your teacher/organizer; and your personal mentor.
Yes, this is possible. We offer once or twice a year an open workshop, where guests are welcome. Please click here to see the current events or subscribe to our newsletter, to be informed about all public dates.
Of course it is possible to quit the training anytime. If someone cannot find in our training what they are looking for then there is no need to attend our courses any longer. Additionally, there could be a personal matter indicating that it might be necessary or just preferable to have a break in the training, or to stop it for the time being.
From an organisational point of view we are a normal registered society and that means you can leave anytime if you want to end your membership.
We are an internationally recognized mystery school and magical lodge and offer serious magical training based on the principles of the mystical Qabbalah (Kabbalah, Kabbala, Kabala), Hermetic magic and the Western Mysteries. Magical training in an authentic mystery school (or magic school, and/or magical order) of the Western Mystery Tradition is the spiritual and mystical preparation for initiation of the student of the mysteries. Like every true magical lodge or magic school and every true Hermetic order we take training in magic very seriously. We stand in the spriritual tradition of the Rosicrucians and do not only teach the ancient ritual magic (or ceremonial magic), the Egyptian magic, the Celtic magic and the Greek Mysteries, but also the classical pillars of the Hermetik Tradition such as astrology and Tarot.