B.O.E.L Emblem On website.

B.O.E.L Emblem On website.

by MaRk -
Number of replies: 6

Hi

Would anybody like to discuss the symbolism and meaning of the various parts of the school emblem (logo) found on the website. 

Below is a short breakdown of the parts that I have identified. ( hopefully I am not reading to much into the symbolism ;) )

The motto " Sigillum Sanctum Fraternitatis Alexandriae Lux Aeterna " roughly translated as the " The Holy Seal of the Fraternity of the Eternal Light of Alexandria ". 

At the top of the symbol is the six pointed star, which may refer to the celestial etc. 

The symbol being a circle is divided into four equal quarters by placing a cross within the circle. 

Within each quarter created by the cross within the circle is an image of the Man, the Lion, the Eagle, and the Ox. Perhaps symbolic of the four aspects of the Christ, the four evangelists, the four beasts etc.

The cross in the centre of the circle has the English letters B to the east, O to the South, E to the West and L to the North. Moving in a clockwise direction. Each letter referring to the B.O.E.L. Could potentially be some interesting correspondences, gematria involved here, but didn't look into it yet.

Finally, in the centre of the cross is what looks to me like the letter Shin followed by a Yod? Not sure if that's a Yod or not and haven't gone so far as to work our any Gematria etc. 

I welcome any and all comments, thoughts and ideas from anyone. If moderators are allowed to explain the full symbolism / meaning, that would be great too :)

LLL

Mark

In reply to MaRk

Re: B.O.E.L Emblem On website.

by Andrea Shelor ** R6, QM6 H4 QN4 -
Picture of Head Moderator Picture of Qabbalah Maasit Practitioner Picture of Refuah Practitioner Picture of Refuah Teacher

Hello Mark,

thank you for your interesting thoughts!

You have observed some important symbolism indeed! ;-)

I think you are also the first person to actually mention it!

"Within each quarter created by the cross within the circle is an image of the Man, the Lion, the Eagle, and the Ox. Perhaps symbolic of the four aspects of the Christ, the four evangelists, the four beasts etc."

These are the four Holy Creatures, the Chayot haQodesh, that carry the throne of the most High. (Compare the vision of Ezechiel.) By Christians, they are indeed sometimes compared to the four evangelists.

The hexagram or six-pointed star is sometimes also called Magen David, shield of David. It also represents the elements in harmony.

What do you think of it so far?

LVX
Andrea

In reply to Andrea Shelor ** R6, QM6 H4 QN4

by Brooke -

Andrea,

Wow. This forum is exciting. I thanked Mark, already. Thank you. It's plain to see that I have a lot of reading, and learning to do. It's awesome. The Old Hebrew Bible is awesome. You guys are awesome.

In Allegiance,

Brooke

In reply to Brooke

by Andrea Shelor ** R6, QM6 H4 QN4 -
Picture of Head Moderator Picture of Qabbalah Maasit Practitioner Picture of Refuah Practitioner Picture of Refuah Teacher

Hi Brooke,

glad to see that you can see this vast and marvellous potential, too ;-) so thank you very much for this encouraging feedback! :-)

In Light
Andrea

In reply to Andrea Shelor ** R6, QM6 H4 QN4

by Brooke -

Andrea,

Not a problem, at all. 

In Allegiance,

Brooke

In reply to MaRk

by Brooke -

Mark,

Hello. Let me first say: Thank You. After reading your post, and Ms. Shalor's reply, I went looking for more information on Ezekiel's vision. Pretty amazing. 

So... the BOEL emblem is also pretty amazing. In my opinion, the Divine creatures might be there as both: Guardians of the Wisdoms, and the Most High against intruders... also, from what I understand of the reading I did, they could also be advocates of sincere humans. Also, the quartered Wheel... to me... could represent the cycles and rhythms of everything Natural. 

My interest is definitely peaked. The Old Hebrew Bible is amazing. The number of Books on my "must read" list is increasing. So exciting. Thank you again.

In Allegiance,

Brooke

In reply to MaRk

by Brooke -

Mark,

Hello, again. So, for whatever reason, I decided to Google: The Lost Tribes of Israel, today.

Pretty interesting stuff. I was reading about how... after the passing of Ishbosheth (Saul the first King of Israel's son and successor), The last Tribe with loyalties to the House of Saul... rejoined with the Northern Israelite Tribes... which effectively made the King of Judah (at that time)... (reuniting the two)... King of Israel. Perhaps, The Seal is much more Magickal than I'd first imagined. 

In Allegiance,

Brooke