Profound

Re: Profound

by Natas -
Number of replies: 1

There is a quote from Crowley, (and I'm assuming I can quote him here as he is quoted in the course lessons) from the book Liber Al Vel Legis which says "For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect." (AL I:44)

For the Practitioner of Magick there must be an understanding that one may desire for a thing to come about and perform a Ritual to aid in making this happen, that once the ritual is done, once the force of your will has been released into the world it is best to forget about it.

wipe it from the mind with no hope of gain, with no lust for result so that you don't inadvertently by thought, word, or deed tamper or cancel completely the work which you hoped to achieve.

This is simply my understanding of this and your post compelled me to share my thoughts on this subject

thank you

In reply to Natas

Re: Profound

by Ouel -

As you (Natas) state, once the Intention is cast, it should be thought of no more. According to Paul Foster Case, and clear reasoning, the reason for this is simple psychology. Manifestation arises from internal belief, "As a man thinketh, so he is." 

Repeating a desire indicates to your inner self that there is a lack. Therefore, this belief becomes your reality!

It is written, " Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." - Mark 11:24 KJV.

It is clear from this that the proper manner for attainment is to express Gratitude for what you already have. In order for this to work, you must believe that every good thing is already yours, freely given by the Bestower of all things. Since the Self-Aware Power That Is, Was, and Shall Be exists beyond the confines of Time and Space, the Eternal Now, so do your "blessings".

It's like a brand new car with title, keys, and a full tax of gas is sitting in the street awaiting you to get in and take possession of it. 

How many would simply walk on by assuming that it belongs to someone else because they can't be, or aren't (in their innermost mind), worthy of owning such a thing?

The Word informs us that every good thing has been created expressly for us. Believe it and receive it!