Equanimity and Light

Equanimity and Light

by Luan -
Number of replies: 7

All

I wanted to share the following few points, that was really very interesting and illuminating to read [Chapter 26, Qabbalistic Magic, Salomo Baal-Shem]

--------------------------------------------

The control of the enviroment must begin with self control, and until we cease to be influenced by surrounding conditions we cannot hope to exercise any mental influence over them. Paradoxically, it is only when our enviroment ceases to matter to us that we have the power to change it by mental means - "Dion Fortune, Sane Occultism"

The Qabbalist Isaac ben Samuel explains the process of spiritual attainment as follows;

1. After attaining the mystery of Hitabqut Iadherence to Gd) then,
  2. Attain the mystery of Histavut (equianimity) after which,
  3. Attain thre mystery of Hitboddebut (seclusion) followed by
  4. Attain the Ruach ha-Qodesh (Holy Spirit) and from here he may attain
  5. Nevuah or prophesy, which enables one to predict the future.
What does mean on a practical level for us. Well corresponding to the above mentioned process;
  1. Adherence to God refers to having attained the level of Malchut and Yesod, the material and Astral plane. On this level, a deeper meaning of life in the manifested world is appreciated. It renders the soul a deeper understanding of its actions and responsibilities toward fellow man. Yesod, the individual develops the virtue of emotiional independence  and overcomes the vice of idleness. The enitre Nefesh is focussed on the Spiritual path.
  2. Sod ha-Histavut or Equianimity refers to having attained the level of Tiferet, which is the first stage of adepthood. Here we attain the vision of Harmony of things and the vice of Tiferet is pride. We accept all things in life, both good and bad, with equanimity for if we know about the underlying harmony of things, we realise that all events and experiences are manifestations of the Divine Plan. Gaining independence of the ego enables us to to appreciate the beautiful Harmony in the manifested world around us.
  3. The mystery of seclusion refers to having attained the level of Binah, which is called "silence". This is not suggesting an hermetic lifestile, but an inner silence, the silence of the ego. We should aim to seclude ourselves from the egoistic noise of the outside world and its affairs to gain inner silence. Only in this silence can the voice of the Ruach ha-Qodesh be heard. At this level, true untainted communication with the spiritual plane can be attained.
  4. Prophesy refers to having attained the level of Chochmah, Wisdom.
So what keeps us from making progress spiritually? It is tension in our emoitional bodies (nefesh) and mental (Ruach) bodies. How can we avoid tension?
  1. Instead of surpressing negative emotions, we should strive to let go of negative emotions, which should feel like realxing the emotional body akin to physical relaxation. Try to create an attitude of constant inner happiness, but be careful not to force your emotions tro do anything. Don't make up things, but become aware of the eternal delight of your Higher Self that is present at all times.
A couple of exercises highlighted by Salomo Baal-Shem in the book "Qabbalistic Magic";
  1. Observe your emotions
  2. Create happiness by trying to find something that is good right now that you can replace negative emotions with. Do thios throughout the day as much as possible.
  3. Observe your ego. Spiritual arrogance, false pride, vanity, ency, greed, egoism, megalomania or inferiority complex are vices we need to overcome. To do this, we must raise our consciousness higher, to the level of Neshamah. Everything below Tiferet,the sun is determined by the ego. Once we look at our lives from the viewpoint of the higher soul we realise that it does not matter what others think of us and therefore we don't require praise and the need to feel special in some way. All that matters is the amount of love and light in our heart!
Therefore, the goal of the Qabalist is to come closer to the Divine Will. In order to do so, we need to prepare the body and soul for the Light to be challeled. Once you attain the persepctive of the Higher Soul, the mundane no longer has it's grip on you and we can walk on the checkered board of life in total balance, between the two pillars on the porch of King Solomon's Temple. All that counts is the amount of Light we emanate for the world to see, not by foreceful arguments, but by action and behaviour.

Face today with equanimity.
In reply to Luan

Re: Equanimity and Light

by MEWser -

Dear Equanimity and Light

I'm puzzled that your quality post hadn't gotten any reviews, so I gave you one. I did have a question. 

You speak of Ruach ha-Qodesh (Holy Spirit). I am unfamiliar with this. I don't know if, at this point, I'm interested in obtaining the gift of prophecy, but how does Ruach ha-Qodesh relate to that? 

Best Regards

MEWser

In reply to MEWser

by Andrea Shelor ** R6, QM6 H4 QN4 -
Picture of Head Moderator Picture of Qabbalah Maasit Practitioner Picture of Refuah Practitioner Picture of Refuah Teacher

Hello MEWser,

glad you found our Open Forum.

Actually, Luan quoted from Salomo's book "Qabbalistic Magic". You'll find more information on this in the book.

To give you a quick but short answer, the Divine inspiration is sometimes referred to as "Holy Spirit", in Hebrew: Ruach ha-Qodesh.

LVX
Andrea

In reply to Andrea Shelor ** R6, QM6 H4 QN4

by MEWser -

Thank you, Andrea. How might I obtain a copy of the book?

MEWser

In reply to MEWser

Picture of Head Moderator Picture of Qabbalah Maasit Practitioner Picture of Refuah Practitioner Picture of Refuah Teacher

Hi MEWser,

you can buy at any (online) book selling store. E.g. via this link, or any other convenient shop.

Qabbalistic Magic is not the "course book", but nevertheless a really good read.

LVX
Andrea

In reply to Andrea Shelor ** R6, QM6 H4 QN4

by MEWser -

Andrea oh, it turns out I have that book already and am in the process of reading it. What I meant is, are the course books for this class available?

MEW

In reply to MEWser

Hi MEWser,

I see. Enjoy the book, then :-)

No, the course books are currently not available. There is also a text ressource in the course about it, telling the same ;-)

LVX
Andrea

In reply to Luan

by Doramage -

Thank you for a very interesting article. It is quite true that controlling one's ego requires always being  on guard of one's motives, learning to not always have to be "right."  For that  reason and others, we must strive to keep our motives pure, for the sake of honoring our spiritual sources and serving others.