Humbled

Humbled

by Luan -
Number of replies: 5

Dear All

I want to share an experience and hear from anyone with similar experiences. It's relatively simple, but very profound. The more I learn, with every lesson I study I get an overwhelming sense of how far from ready my soul is for me to touch the divine, to be a channel, a vessel for the Light. Sometimes, this is quite disheartening as I have countless flaws and obviously when the Light shines on these imperfections, it becomes visible and I lower my head in shame.

It's a humbling journey for me and a difficult one as sometimes I wonder how I'll ever be able to reconfigure my soul for the Great Work to commence. Is one lifetime enough??I fear not :(

Anyway, thought I'd share this experience and would love to hear back if anyone has had a similar experience, and please.... tell me it gets better :)

In Light

Luan

In reply to Luan

Re: Humbled

by TimeTraveller (SN) (R3)(QM3) -

Hi Luan,

yes,  I know that experience very well,  periodically it comes to the surface  :)
So I don’t know it is getting any better,  but by facing it again and again we grow stronger and learn to deal with it in a different way  --   hope this offers some comfort though   ;-)

In one of the lessons near the end of the first months,  this balancing of extremes is explained beautifully.
To recognize our present state honestly and relentlessly is one of the requirements to advance on the path while at the same time to be able to see our aim of perfection,  to acknowledge it and being able to believe in it and that we  can  reach it,  whenever that will be,  is the second requirement,  and we have to learn to live within the tension of this spagat,  without becoming tense  :)

So,  the recognition of the difference of where we are and where we want to and are meant to reach will not go away  ;-)  -  but like with any sport,  we learn to broaden our understanding and by this we learn to live with it while facing it fully,  after all that is man’s mission,  we are forever the pillar between earth and heaven and nothing can change here,  esp. not after once we have truly recognized it

What do you think ?  -  Is that understandable and could you agree ?    :-)

Love & Light
Nalinie

In reply to TimeTraveller (SN) (R3)(QM3)

by Luan -

Hi Nalinie

Thanks, I understand and agree completely. We have to stand between the two pillars of Solomon't Temple. It's all about balance. I fully agree that one one hand we know we can reach the perfection, and at the same time we need to be able to remain quiet in our minds. 

I see what you mean, it won't get better, but by broadening our understanding and wisdom and experience, we are better equiped to deal with the swing of the pendulum. 

Thanks so much for your insight! I will continue with the lessons for this month, I tend to spend a little more time on further reading, so sometimes my progress is a little slow.

Love and Light

Luan

In reply to Luan

by TimeTraveller (SN) (R3)(QM3) -

Hi Luan,

take your time  :)  -  we are not in a race here after all   ;-)  -  which is advisable  to be kept well-balanced with retaining focus  ;-)

>   so it is as you said,  it's all about balance,  which is the art of life  ;-)

Love,  Nali

In reply to Luan

by Vex (M) -

Hi Luan

Thanks for your honest post, I think it always takes courage to admit to when we are struggling with something and this 'opening up' can be helpful to others too!

I could relate to what you wrote and can say that I have experienced similar feelings.  For me they come and go, but as I progress they get shorter and I am finding I can work with them more quickly, which I think is a sign of progress.

I agree completely with Nalinie's response, and I am sure you will find the upcoming lessons she mentions of help.  I have also found the candle exercise very helpful in dealing with these feelings.  Even when I feel a bit low or am struggling, the candle exercise is extremely comforting and strengthening and reminds me that wherever I am at, I am always striving to improve and serve the Light.

In case you haven't come across it already and would like to take a look, here is a link.

http://www.boel-mystery-school.org/en/meditation/candle_exercise.html

Love and Light
Vex

In reply to Vex (M)

by Luan -

Dear Vex

Apologies, I missed this response somehow. Sorry about that. Thanks for the feedback. It is getting easier to deal with it more quickly I should say, you are right.

I believe in honesty and I have no issues in openly sharing my experiences and admitting my flaws as the only part that often puts up a fuss is the Ego :) 

See you in the course.

In love and light

Luan