The Inner Temple and the Loci

The Inner Temple and the Loci

by Abbarossa -
Number of replies: 4

After reading the text material I became curious if meditating on the inner temple might not work in  conjunction with the loci system of memorization prominent in the Greek and Roman eras as a memory aid to enhance skills in rhetoric and drama. Has anyone tried this and what success have you had? Please share your experiences with me.

In reply to Abbarossa

Re: The Inner Temple and the Loci

by Abbarossa -

I received no responses to my question. Was this question off topic?

In reply to Abbarossa

by Abbarossa -

Okay, I will answer my own question based upon my recent experience. I believe that facility with giving the Inner Temple more "reality" in the Astral Plane is enhanced when the Inner Temple is used as a base for the memory method known as the Method of Loci. The method includes path walking thru the Temple and having certain objects or features of the Temple trigger the memory of things that are sought to be recollected.  My thinking is that you have to be careful to separate profane and consecrated visits to the Temple.  On the material plane this would be analogous to cleaning up the temple after a convocation (replacing burned down candles, dusting and collecting exhausted incense ashes) and conducting a convocation in a consecrated temple.

In reply to Abbarossa

by Jay * (R3) -

Hi Abbarossa,

recommendation here: do not mix. The inner temple has a spiritual purpose, a memory palace a very different one. Mixing that renders both useless. In practical terms, you'll want to construct a memory palace from existing locations you know well, too.

LVX,

Jay

In reply to Jay * (R3)

by Alchemo69 -

After reading  the Inner Temple course, I can say that I really learn much more than I was expected. I learn that the Inner Temple is the God's temple that you can find in the Bible. Therefore, God's temple is the Temple of Light. Pretty interesting.  Talking about  "Do not Mix"   Jay,  There are structures and rules in the inner Sanctum that will help you not to mix the knowledge and wisdom that will be available to a particular individual. First of all, there is a Wall =Aura that will help against unpleasant influences, mental, emotional and astral diversions and distractions. It does require the willingness in your part of cross. It is not possible to learn something if you're not ready for it.Your spiritual guardian will not allow it. 

After all, I do agree in constructing a memory palace from existing locations you know well too, however, I strongly believe, overtime, also depending on how often you're  meditating on the inner temple while following step by step the instructions giving, everything will become clearer and clearer. Your relationship with your guardian animal and your guardian spirit will improve considerably . This will be the beginning on accumulating positive energy and real spiritual ability on the course in magic and meditation.